Festival season is here! ? Bring on the fun and fashion – bright colours, tassels and glitter are just a few staples of festival attire and I’m here to help you save money.
Tickets can be super expensive so it makes sense that you’d want to save money on your attire. Let’s be honest, you don’t really need to buy anything new but it adds to the experience if you look the part.
In this blog post, I’ve listed cheap (each item £20 or under – some are less than £5!) men and women’s clothes, accessories and footwear that are perfect for upcoming festivals. Most brands include a student discount on items which will make them even cheaper for you! If that made you light up then check out my blog post on how to save money as a student for more tips.
I’m going to a festival for the first time this year so I’m super excited about this post!
My plan was to publish this a lot sooner before festival season came along but life happens and I’ve been super busy but at least it’s here now…
Festival fashion on a budget: cheap festival clothing, accessories & shoes
I’ve broken this down into 3 sections:
I’ve included an image of the items when possible as some are copyright protected, the price of the item* and the brand. Just click to the image to be taken to the product on the website.
I was going to include jeans in this list and then decided not to, with the recent heatwave the last thing you’ll want to wear at a festival is jeans.
- In the sale for £11.00, these patterned ASOS shorts with a frill hem are ideal for being outside in hot weather. They’re described as ‘lightweight woven fabric’ and ‘the kind that stretches’. Need I say more?
- If you’d rather a more dazzling pair of shorts, then here’s 4 pairs of ASOS sequin shorts all priced £12-14.
- For slim fit denim shorts, you can’t get much better than these BoohooMan ones for £12.00.
- For £19.99, these rainbow trousers from ASOS are perfect for festivals or Pride! The rainbow stripes will ensure you stand out and your friends will be able to find you if you wander off!
- At £15.00, these monochrome stripe trousers from ASOS (Boohoo) are the same style, but a little more versatile.
- Amazon is selling this spectacular sequin top for just £6.99 including delivery! It’s listed as a belly dancing top but I think it’s definitely festival-worthy too.
- I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world…this Barbie glitter crop top is only £9.00 from ASOS (Missguided)
- If you love a bit of crotchet and tassels then this top is for you! £15 from I Saw It First.
- The fishnet/mesh style seems to be very popular at festivals this year. I love this crop top from I Saw It First, it’s only £12 too.
- TASSEL DENIM JACKET FOR £15.00! and it’s from Miss Selfridge, I can’t believe it either. Get it before it’s gone!
- This embroidered denim jacket is even cheaper! just £10.00 from Miss Selfridge.
- This floral t-shirt from Topman is ideal for festivals, holidays and summer in general. You’ll definitely get your £9 worth out of it.
- For those of you who want ‘good vibes’, you’ll want this BoohooMan t-shirt too for only £7!
- I’m not cool enough to pull off these palm tree sunglasses from Skinnydip London (they’re only £8.00)
- To match the Barbie crop top, you can get this Barbie bumbag also from ASOS for just £11.99.
- If you’re happy to pay more for sequins, then ASOS also do this Barbie bumbag for £17.99.
- Skinnydip London have this pink mesh bumbag for just £6.00!
- Here’s also a dazzling sparkly backpack from Skinnydip London for £12.00.
- These classic black sunglasses from BoohooMan are an absolute steal at only £3.75!
- Or you can get these silver framed retro style sunglasses for £4.50 also from BoohooMan.
- A cap will always be handy at a festival, this one from BoohooMan is stylish with an embroidered rose, only £6.00. It also comes in white or black.
- Wellies from I Saw It First for £8? I think so.
- If you like a bit of bling, you have to check out these glitter wellies from ASOS for £20.
- These trainers from Schuh (Hype) won’t stay white for long at a festival, but for £19.99 I’d rather you got these grubby than ruin your Yeezys.
If you purchase any of these items, make sure to upload a photo to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and tag me @studentskint, also use the hashtag #studentskint.
If you’d like to pay even less for these items, then you’ll need to use a student discount.
Dependent on the store, you may or may not be able to use a student discount on sale items but it’s worth trying anyway.
Find out where to get the best student discounts by reading this blog post.
* Prices and student discounts are subject to change. All items were in stock and these were the prices when this post was published.