I’ve been tagged by Emma from emmaandthegirls.co.uk to do this Q&A. I won’t lie, it was quite difficult to answer some of the questions but I hope that you’ll maybe find them interesting and learn some more about me.
20 random facts about me:
1. When was the last time you cried?
I can’t think of an exact day or reason but it was probably a couple of weeks ago when I was feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
2. If you were another person,would you be a friend of yourself?
I think I would be, but I’d want to be quite similar to myself. Does that even make sense?
3. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Not really, I wouldn’t say I’m a particularly sarcastic person but I come out with a few witty one-liners here and there when appropriate.
4. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Wow this one is really difficult! Someone’s mannerisms and mood jumps out to me almost instantly. I can tell if they’re acting standoffish or if they genuinely want to engage in conversation and be present.
5. Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy endings for sure! I can’t stand scary movies.
6. Favourite smells?
CINNAMON ROLLS! Oh, and Black Cherry Yankee Candle which smells absolutely divine.
7. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been away from home?
Jamaica or St Lucia, they’re 8-9 hours on the plane.
8. Do you have any special talents?
Not really, no. I wish I did!
9. Where were you born?
I was born in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
10. What are your hobbies?
I love blogging, going to the gym and socialising – especially going to the cinema!
11. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I’m pretty sure I wanted to become a singer or performer of some sort. I guess I achieved it to a small extent. I used to do performing arts classes, a lot of shows and I even did a BTEC Diploma in college for Performing Arts.
12. How many countries have you ever been to?
At least 13… St Lucia, Jamaica, France, Menorca, Majorca, Tenerife, Turkey, Belgium, Spain, Austria, Germany, Ireland and Wales. Not in that order and some of them I’ve been to multiple times. I love travelling and thanks to my mum’s family living in the Caribbean, I’ve been going on long-haul flights since I was tiny so I’m very used to them.
13. What was your favourite and worst subject at school?
My favourite subject was Art & Design or Music. I’ve always been super creative and I was pretty good at art as a child and teenager (A* in Art GCSE woo!). I guess my passion for performing is why I loved Music and my teacher was amazing, so down to earth and always there when you needed help.
My worst subject would had to be Geography or German. I only did these subjects in year 7 and 8 because they were compulsory and then I dropped them as soon as I could. I didn’t like Geography because I found it too difficult (ironic for someone who’s travelled to so many countries, I know) but something about it I just couldn’t grasp.
As for German, although it was much easier to learn than French (which I studied for 9 years) because the words and sentence structure is similar to English, I just didn’t click with it as much as French.
14. What is your favourite drink?
My favourite non-alcoholic drink is probably just a basic Diet Coke – no ice. As for alcoholic, it would have to be a Sex on the Beach cocktail or Mixed Fruit Kopparberg.
15. What would you (or have you) named your kids?
Oh gosh…I’ve thought about this before but I don’t think the names I like now would be the ones I actually choose for my future children. Maybe I’ll share them if/when it comes to that?
16. Who are your favourite YouTubers?
To be honest, I don’t really have favourites. I’m subscribed to a lot of creators but don’t really have the time to watch all the new videos. I tend to just cherry pick the videos I want to watch and have no idea of anyone’s upload schedule.
17. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?
If we’re talking about proper boyfriends that actually count (no offence to my childhood boyfriends) then just 1.
18. Favourite memory from childhood?
I don’t really have one that sticks in my mind. Not in a bad way at all, just nothing crazy amazing or memorable happened that I can think of. I’ll update this if something springs to mind!
19. How would you describe your fashion sense?
Monochrome and samey. Despite the photos of me on my blog, I pretty much only wear black, white, grey and occasionally blue denim. You probably won’t find me wearing colourful clothes unless I’m on holiday or it’s a special occasion.
I have a capsule wardrobe and I’m a semi-minimalist so wearing monochrome colours is completely by choice as it makes the decision of what to wear more simple and so many items go with others. If you’d like me to do a blog post on a capsule wardrobe let me know!
20. Tell us one of your bad habits?
Tidying up after other people or nagging them to tidy up.
Obviously being clean and tidy is a good thing but I like my space to be super clean with no clutter around so I end up tidying other people’s things away or nagging them everyday until they do. When in reality it wasn’t ‘clutter’.
To learn more about some other bloggers I’ve connected with, visit their blogs and read their Q&A:
- Hannah from www.milltalks.com – lifestyle, DIY and making money
- Will from www.willitnews.blogspot.com – all things IT and e-commerce
- Ncekuyenkosi from www.keepup247.com – entertainment news, sports updates and trending gossip
- Caitlin from www.theflaneurco.com – advice and resources for creators and small business owners
- Karen from www.klassickaren.com – recipes, DIY and lifestyle